Thursday 22 September 2016

Pitch for A2 Music Video


Pitch for A2 Music Video


General Narrative and Plot

My music video for the A2 part of the course will follow a group of reckless teenagers, comprising of 4-5 actors, and their nighttime debauchery through town. Walking down The Grove, the group wanders into a wine store (Martinez Wines), and steals several bottles of alcohol; they then run through the streets where they make their way up to the Moors. Whilst up there, they start drinking and engaging into boisterous teenage activity. As the music video follows a repetitive narrative, during the second night, the group find themselves walking through Ilkley again, but a little more subdued in their attitude and engage into typical teenage activities, such as smoking and consuming alcohol. The music video concludes with the group standing on top of the Moors hugging and laughing as dusk falls over the town.

Song Choice

The song of choice for my music video is 'Into The Wild' performed by Wrabel; a Los Angeles based, contemporary R&B singer/songwriter. 'Into The Wild' features as synth track on the album 'Sideways' released in 2014. Operating under several record labels such as Island Records and Universal, Wrabel has collaborated with Dutch DJ, Afrojack following a remixed release of his song 'Ten Feet Tall', that consequently resulted in an international hit and gained publicity from over 10 million people.

'Into The Wild' was featured on the American television series, 'Suits', a programme that has 3.6 million viewers every season; thus gaining it's notoriety from the worldwide population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am5qJmNAoK8

Mood

I have been inspired by many indie videos that exhibit a certain grittiness and raw quality to their visuals; I wish to translate this into my own music video for 'Into the Wild'. Many of my influences came from the band 'The 1975' and the way that they shoot their videos; many show raw emotion and melancholia is a prevalent feature within all of their music videos. The element of Colour Psychology is also evident within their music videos, more specifically, the 'Somebody Else' video. This has greatly influenced my mood and it will also translate through the editing process. My intentions are to make the music video sit comfortably within the realms of the 'Indie' genre, so as to ensure this, I will edit any obvious warm, orange/yellow lighting so that it is transformed into cooler tones. Even though the original song is a synth track with elements of R&B, personally, I believe that it would be more appropriate to incorporate elements of the indie genre as to comfortably suit my overarching narrative; which is of paramount of importance in order to ensure the success of the video.


Considering that the music video follows the narrative of out of control teenagers, in order to reinforce and justify my reasons for the way in which I film this video, so that both the visuals and narrative coalesce successfully, I intend to use a first person camera perspective. This means that I will be running with the camera in order to create a disjointed effect that coincides with the theme of the video in terms of narrative. The shakiness of the camera is what I intend to have in the final product, I won't be using the stabilising editing tool in Final Cut to change this; it is purely intentional.

Organisation

Just because I won't be working one to one with the artist, doesn't mean that I can't explore the organisational element elsewhere in preparation for this video. My intentions are that during one part of the narrative, the group of teenagers steal bottles of wine from an independent alcohol store located on The Grove, called Martinez Wines. Because of this, I will prepare a small pitch for the owner to ensure that no bottles are going to be actually stolen or broken; all I will need is several frames of footage so that it will fit into my video. Failing this, I have a back-up plan that will ensure that none of the narrative is lost or I am behind schedule with filming and completing the coursework.

Setting


The abundance of beautiful scenery around Ilkley is unlimited. I intend to keep my music video locations local and make use of the heritage and setting that Ilkley offers. The Grove comes alive at night; floods of warm, orange lighting cover the streets inducing an intimate setting of which I can use to my advantage as I won't have to carry around extra lighting, and I intend to keep the lighting throughout the video more intimate than high-key. Moving to The Moors, the isolated setting offers panoramic views of Ilkley from an elevated position of which I intend to use for various shots throughout my video.

As well as using The Grove for the setting, I will also use one of it's landmarks; the Bandstand. Here, I intend to capture a spinning shot of one of the couples featuring in the video.











No comments:

Post a Comment