Tuesday 7 February 2017

Generated QR Code

QR Code


Linked QR Code to blog
As my aforementioned post stated, I took the initiative to generate a QR code that directly links to my blog so that when I place it on the magazine advert, audiences will be able to scan and interact with the code and it will take them directly to the blog where I have extensive research about the band. 

As well as this, I have also generated and included a linked QR Code to the band's actual website: cigarettesaftersex.com

Cigarettes After Sex QR Code
I will insert one of these QR Codes and will determine which one to insert based on the opinions of my peers. Although, with this being said, it would seem appropriate to include the band's actual website, but on the other hand, the QR code that links to my blog could also be considered relevant as it would provide the audiences with the extra research surrounding the artist. 

Having a QR Code on a magazine advert ties the product together and with the advancing technology in today's society, this feature allows audiences to interact with the band easily and quickly. 

The only issue that I could see is that if the QR Code is too big, it could ruin the slick aesthetic of the ancillary product and look distracting for mass audiences - thus, during the editing process, I must ensure that each element of the advert is cohesive and works well together, with links, barcodes etc. being of an appropriate size as to not distract from the promotion of the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment