Sunday 19 February 2017

Audience Feedback: Facebook Post

Audience Feedback

In hopes to gain insight into how I could improve my music video, I took to Facebook and addressed my friends and peers, hoping to receive an adequate amount of responses so that I could use them to influence my final edit for my music video. 


I have compiled together the comments that I received on my Facebook post and I can infer that there is a general consensus regarding the timing of a couple of frames within the music video. Looking over the music video, I agree with the comments regarding the timing of the frame of my mother and will edit it down accordingly. I also noticed that a couple of my friends suggested that I edited the car journey frames so that it was in time with the music. 


Now that I have all of this information, and I do believe that it is enough to further inspire my music video in the final editing process, I will go back into Final Cut Pro X and edit the footage according to what my friends have suggested. 



Using Facebook as a way to gain feedback was a useful and quick way of doing so. However, as evidenced, it is always a little risky as I cannot control the content of what people have to say about the music video. I tried to emphasise that this was a professional task and I needed genuine feedback. I believe that I got genuine feedback, despite the "silliness" of some of the comments.


As is evident, I have received a number of comments from my friends around the world: in Bangkok, Dubai and in England. This goes to show how powerful social media is (despite time differences!) and how Facebook truly is a platform that will continue on into the future - connecting people from all around the world. 


I am glad that I have received feedback from my friends around the world as I know that there would be different cultural influences and the way in which they would view the media text. However, it is evident that the majority of them share the same opinions regarding the video. My music video has officially reached a worldwide audience - in respect to my friends in different countries. This mass audience engagement will surely influence the way in which I edit and continue to develop my ancillary products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment