Tuesday 3 January 2017

First Cut of the A2 Music Video


First Cut of Cigarettes After Sex  - Keep On Loving You

This is my first cut for my music video for Cigarettes After Sex. It hasn't been filmed fully yet but in order to keep track of my exploration and progress for the project, I have exported what I have (2 minutes and 18 seconds) in order for the development process to be apparent. 

Considering that this is the first cut, I am extremely happy with how it has turned out and I am going to be constantly exploring and developing my ideas through Final Cut in order to attain the greatest grade possible. I went into this project with the intention to explore and develop my creativity, and I didn't go in to the creative process with a narrow mind, instead, I have been open to positive feedback and obviously to some constructive criticism. 

The first cut is a representation of my exploration and development over the course. I have decided to stick to the way that I am currently editing the video as I believe that it meets my intention and conveys the emotion that I want to be felt when the audience watch the product. The music video, as previously stated, is a homage to an undying relationship and aims to evoke emotional responses such as happiness and joy. When I first showed my parents the first cut of the video, they did in fact cry (with happiness, of course) - so, I can deduce that the video is inducing the correct response from audiences. 


*Please note: YouTube wouldn't allow me to upload it in 1080p - the final product has been shot in 1080p and it is immaculately clear and sharp. Youtube has uploaded it with a resolution of 360p. 

No comments:

Post a Comment