Monday 23 January 2017

Retouches to the First DigiPak Design


Retouching the first DigiPak design

Going back into Illustrator, I knew that I had to add the copyrighting information, add the spine detailing and then change the record label. The previous record label, Island Records, was inserted to provide a general idea of the placement of the final record label - however, Cigarettes After Sex are assigned to Partisan Records. I inverted the colours as the original record label had a thick white background that looked "offensive" and clumpy. So, after ungrouping the white and the black layers, I deleted the white background and I was then left with the original black text. Obviously, the black text wouldn't work on the black background so I had to change it to white coloured text. The new record label design looked more simple and less "offensive" whilst also maintining my intended aesthetic. As you can see, the screenshot above shows the simple detailing of the spine. I didn't want to include a lot on the spine as I felt as if it would look too cluttered and again, randomly placed. So, by just having the name of the band on the spine completed the simple look and really tied the product together.



This screenshot includes the copyright information on the back cover of the DigiPak. I searched for examples used on legitimate album covers and simply changed it to suit my own ancillary product. Keeping the font the same as the rest of the text on the DigiPak maintained levels of cohesion and constantly shows how I am accentuating the strong relationship between all elements on my DigiPak - including images, text and feature placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment