Monday 6 February 2017

Magazine Advert: First Stages

Magazine Advert: First Stages

For my second ancillary product, I have to create a magazine advert that demonstrates my ability to sustain links between all elements of my coursework, as well as my creative flair. After conducting research that would later help with me constructing my own advert, I took to Illustrator again to start the process of producing my final ancillary product. 

I started with a blank, black canvas so that I could start the process and evidence my development. Firstly, I added a border vector to ensure maximum clarity and resolution to use as a frame for the main images and text that would feature on the poster. Using a clipping mask, I eliminated the white background that came with the original image of the frame. I then proceeded to place the image of the hands on top of the edited border image. This process was easy as I had already eliminated the background of the image in Photoshop so it already had a transparent background and was used as a successful overlay. I used the image of the hands as it reflects my intention of providing an advert that is minimalistic and monochromatic, yet effective and successful. Symbolically, the hands tie all elements of my coursework pieces together, as they feature on the DigiPak, as well as being a repeated motif in the music video. 


Through further editing, and to ensure that I was inspired from the original artwork for Cigarettes After Sex, I changed the opacity of the image to 80% which then provided a softer aesthetic for the advert and maintained links with my original inspiration. The next stage focused on bringing in the text that I would use for the final advert and throughout all of my exploration. To mirror the design for the DigiPak, I have also decided to use the same font: ITC Mendoza Roman Book SC - again, this ensures that all ancillary products are an accurate reflection of each other and shows that I am constantly considering links between the products. 

Aside from this, the first stages of editing were rounded up with a QR code that I generated from a website. This was simply a test QR code and for the final advert, I will make the code linkable to my blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment